How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Jun 17 16:54:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Jayson Rowe wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Michael Hennebry
> <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>>  the data from which I am working is here:
>> http://www.ndsu.edu/its/help/index/mobile_devices/configuration/
>>
> Hi Michael,
> I followed your link, and managed to find this page by clicking the
> FAQ and Help Doc's link, and then E-mail, then E-mail Software, and
> then Mozilla Thunderbird for PC:
> http://www.ndsu.edu/its/help/index/e_mail/e_mail_software/mozilla_thunderbird_for_pc/

Something still doesn't like me.
Either it rejects my password or the connection times out.
I get password rejection if I use port 993 and SSL/TLS,
timeout if I use port 993 and STARTTLS.

I really don't understand why this has to be so gawdawful hard.
It seems to me that I should be able to just point the client at the right
url and the client could do a query for all the non-user-specific data.

If wishes were fishes.
Pardon me while I go kill something.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.