Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:33:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 01:06:43 -0400, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:

> And a very minor annoyance: Gnome3 relies on the x-windows WM_CLASS
> property to track applications instead of windows (see
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/ApplicationBased). Java swing apps, as
> far I can tell, don't set this property as gnome3 expects (which means
> the gnome3 keeps opening new instances of the app every time I click the
> shortcut).
>
> I'll submit the bug to openjdk and see how it goes.

Interesting. Is this why I get "java-thread" rather than the application
name in the top status bar?

I'll have to systematically walk through the bugs with screen shots (menu
displacement, failed decorations, Java thread versus application name).
That's probably three different bugs I should post to Oracle.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/