HD 1TB or greater Fedora 15 64bit (SOLVED)

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:31:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 10:06 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:
> On 06/22/2011 09:33 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Itamar Reis Peixoto
> > <itamar at ispbrasil.com.br>  wrote:
> >> I see alot of people using disks>  1 TB
> >>
> > I use 2 1TB internal disk and one 1TB external USB drive just fine
> > with Fedora. All are formatted as ext4. In the past I have also tried
> > XFS on one of the internal drives.
> >
> Thanks to every member that replied.
> Sorry my questions was not that clear.
>
> Now  I at least know that the drives should work on my laptop.
> Johan S.

This is your 4th post in the thread and the first time you've mentioned
you want to do this in a laptop. It makes a difference, not from a Linux
filesystem perspective but from a hardware perspective, as later replies
in the thread point out.

For example, I have a 1T WD Black internal (SATA) drive. No problems at
all, in fact it's a nice unit. Bought it on Amazon for around $85. But
of course that's not relevant information to you because you have a
*laptop*.

Moral: when asking questions, include all relevant information.

poc