Fedora Core 14 wireless issue with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200)

Sebastian sebas0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:51:34 UTC 2011

Thanks a million John for offering to write a patch. Today I spoke to Nathalie
from Intel about this issue, ticket number: 8000209173. Nathalie said she
would write to you on behalf of Intel that since Intel are prepared to have
me use this card in Windows 7 (same EEPROM, same hardware), as Wey-wi also
wrote yesterday, and since this card was installed by the Dell
system-integrator/wholesaler and NOT by me then that same EEPROM version
(VER=0x423 < 0x434 CALIB=0x5 < 0x4) should support my hardware.

hope this is not a big hassle for you, if I can help with the patch, please
advise.