Qn about rsnapshot/rsync directory filter rules

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 5 07:02:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 01:20 -0800, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> my problem is this exclude list needs to be updated everytime I create
> a new directory (maybe I try out some new application) or file (which
> I don't really want to backup). I only want to backup certian
> directories/files.

You could structure your directory tree so that you keep everything you
don't want to back-up inside one parent directory, and/or everything
that you do want to get backed-up inside another parent directory.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.