BTRFS Question...

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:23:07 UTC 2011

2011/3/7 Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>

> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > Maybe there is some fallback to a slower path when you do that. The
> primary
> > method is to dd over the file system and then resize it to match the size
> > of the partition. That won't work with BTRFS if the file system being
> copied
> > is ext4.
>
> You're not out of luck though. After the installer copies the ext4
> install image, anaconda could run "btrfs-convert /dev/foo" and give you
> a btrfs file system. The user even has the option to roll-back to ext4
> later (with the caveat of losing any btrfs changes).
>
> Just a thought.
> --

Didn't Quite got my answer, the thing is, I Know in Fedora's 15 DVD we will
have the Option to select BTRFS as the Default filesystem.

I was wondering if there's a way to pass this option or have it using the
LiveCD images to install, I just Dont Like the DVD
The Idea is to ask anaconda to format the most of my HDD as it can with
BTRFS when I install F15. Will I be able to do this from the LiveCD?

Thanks again

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6