How to compile a soft same as the version realeased by fedora?

GeeKer Wang wwthunan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 02:52:38 UTC 2011

Hi,  guys
    I tried to compile OpenSceneGraph-2.8.3-3.fc14.rpm software, and got a
low efficient and large version of it. But the version from fedora-repo
works well.
eg. my version with frame rate < 10, while fedora-repo version with frame
rate ~=40.

I have tried three ways:
1. configure && make
2. ccmake && make
3. rpmbuild --recompile OpenSceneGraph-2.8.3-3.fc14.src.rpm
They resulted the same anyway. Especially, the rpmbuld way took 3G+ disk
space, each .so file is much larger and each application is slower. It's
realy strange to me. I use the gcc/g++ 4.5.1 under fedora 14.

 So where the differences come from? Or where are the special places in
fedora's compiling environment? Any advice will be appreciated, thx.

--
Bob