[OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sun Mar 20 19:51:10 UTC 2011

On 03/19/2011 10:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/19/2011 05:35 PM, JB wrote:
>> So, I am wondering if Fedora takes into consideration providing GNOME 2 as
>> well (in parallel) with F15 and for some time beyond ?
>> Is there any official statement by Fedora with regard to that ?
> No plans to provide older versions.  You can use one of the following
> things:
>
> * Fallback mode which runs Metacity and GNOME Panel.  You can force this
> setting even if your system is capable of running GNOME Shell.
> Otherwise it is only enabled in systems which are not capable
Let's hope Fallback mode isn't complete yet then. I have never liked the
main-menu-at-the-top arrangement with a top and bottom panel (These damn
16:9 screens don't have enough vertical resolution to begin with!), I
use a single bottom panel, and I don't mind modifying things to
accomplish it. I *do* very much mind having that option removed completely.
> * Switch to Xfce.  Which can be configured to look and feel identical to
> GNOME 2.x or try KDE or whatever
Interesting. I have not looked at Xfce in a very, very long time.

> * Not upgrade and see if a future revision is more palatable to you
It may come to that.