howto boot from usb iso?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue May 3 17:19:16 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 10:07 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Yes, that´s the beauty of it. If the system can boot from a USB CD,
> but refuses to boot from a pen drive, it´ll boot from a U3 flash,
> because it emulates a USB CD.

That doesn't make U3 as useful as it sounds.  I bought a flash drive
with Gatesware backup software on a U3 partition and found that,
although Fedora could see the partition, it couldn't mount it or do
anything with it.  It was just a waste of space.  I ended up putting it
on a friend's Windows box to run the removal program to recover the space.