howto boot from usb iso?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:27:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> That doesn't make U3 as useful as it sounds.  I bought a flash drive
> with Gatesware backup software on a U3 partition and found that,
> although Fedora could see the partition, it couldn't mount it or do
> anything with it.

You don´t understand. The U3 "cd-emulation" partition normally holds
only the windows version of the U3 software.

But you can *hack* it, (using the u3 software updater and a local web
server) and make it install *ANY* ISO image into the CD-emulation
partition.

THAT´s where it becomes useful.

But of course that is not an officially supported procedure, it´s a hack.

But hey, works for me...
FC
--
"Tools are a way to amplify our senses so that we can expand our reach
in order to expropiate space, compress time, and secure ourselves. A