giving up on google-chrome

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:45:17 UTC 2011

I've been happily using google-chrome on F14 for some time, from
baseurl=http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64

I've used this together with
flash-plugin-10.2.159.1-release.i386

using nspluginwrapper.

I used to use google-chrome-unstable, but then one day, it started misbehaving.
When quit, chrome would not restart.  Or, it would, but no pages would load.  I
found that when quit, several processes were left running.

The only way to restart was to killall chrome (2 times!), then rm -rf
~/.config/google-chrome.  Fortunately, chrome sync would reinstall all my
plugins and pretty much restore everything.

Now the problem is, that the current google-chrome-stable is doing the same
thing.

I have reason to believe it is actually using flash that is causing this
problem.

Anyway, no more chrome for me (these experiments get a bit old after a while).
Unless, someone knows a workaround? (besides, no flash)