yum problems

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Wed May 11 11:10:27 UTC 2011

Dear Fedora Users,
I'm just puzzled from an error I get from yum:

   >yum update
   Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
   presto, refresh-packagekit
    * fedora: mirror.switch.ch
    * jpackage-generic: mirror.ibcp.fr
    * jpackage-generic-updates: mirror.ibcp.fr
    * rpmfusion-free: mirror.switch.ch
    * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.switch.ch
    * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.switch.ch
    * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.switch.ch
    * updates: mirror.switch.ch
   Error: no such table: packages

up to yesterday everything was working correctly and apart from the
dayly updating of my fedora13 I didn't change anything.

Moreover any operation (repolist, list, install, update, ...)  I got the
same error message.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

Walter