Formating HDD b4 installing Fedora

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Thu May 12 04:12:46 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 08:34:24 PM, Braja Kishore Chattaraj wrote:
> I assembled a new PC to install Fedora 14. Boot order is USB, CD/DVD
> drive, and finally HDD. When I plug the Fedora 14 CD I get the
> countdown screen with blue background and then some gibberish text
> fills the screen.

Is the "countdown screen" the BIOS?

First thing I'd try is to make the CD first in the boot priority. Until
you read from the CD (assuming, if course that your new PC is otherwise
working) Fedora is not going to talk to you. You won't get to
formatting until you get to partitioning the drive.

If you get the same result with the CD as first boot priority, then
suspect your hardware.