Best FOSS alternative for skype?

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:16:47 UTC 2011

Well guys,

After we prefer freedom, and much easier to you and make meetings in
voice, and skype has been bought by MS.... We have an opportunity to
all fedora users keep contacted with each other.
I really would like to see an hassle free opportunity instead of
fighting with google talk/empathy/decoders and this renew can be our
glue inside the community. Also I think this phone server can be our
podcaster, and an tool not just for us users, else mentors, and
between other communities. I think it's time to expand this to other
distros, and let it cooperating with others through this, and we don't
need anymore skype. I know that one is still an closed network, and
many of our contact has been stayed because there are no other
possibility.

So anything that I could do for this, to be resurrected - I'll be
here. Let it be the newest feature for F16, an be promoted as a
possibility, and we don't need skype at all.

Cu,

Zoltan

2011/5/12 Rick Sewill <rsewill at gmail.com>:
> On Thursday, May 12, 2011 02:08:56 AM Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
>> HI Fernando,
>>
>> Yesterday night I have tried out your suggestion, and works
>> surprisingly well. By the way, a far as I know there is an possibility
>> to use our Fedora SIP inside at FAS, right?
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong,
> but I am under the impression Fedora talk has been "retired".
>
> Please see URL:
> https://insight.fedoraproject.org/content/kevin-fenzi-fedora-talk-first-static-
> then-silence-talkfedoraprojectorg-closing-2011-05-05
>
> If Fedora talk has indeed, been retired,
> could someone update the wiki and other references to Fedora Talk?
>
> --

PGP:  06853DF7