bios update

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu May 19 18:17:27 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:24:42 PM Doron wrote:
> On 05/18/2011 04:55 PM, Sebastian wrote:
> > I have a single boot FC14 system on a  Dell precision M6500 precision
> > notebook and wish to update the BIOS.

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2009-December/msg01603.html

I have a Precision M65 (not M6500, the older M65, essentially a souped-up Lattitude D820); using the Dell repository (much of which is already in Fedora 14, except for the BIOS's themselves) the BIOS update was painless, from Fedora.

Be sure to wait through the reflashing, and the memory size changed screens, took mine almost 90 seconds on the reboot after the reflash.  And be sure to either be docked or on AC power.