Setting Primary Monitor with F14 - dual monitors

CS DBA cs_dba at
Fri May 20 17:46:09 UTC 2011

Hi All;

I just installed Fedora 14 and generally everything works great. One
nuisance I'd like to fix is per the primary monitor.
If I boot up with dual monitors then Fedora places my task manager /
menu bar, etc on the external monitor. I can use xrandr like this to fix it:

  xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary

However, I'd like the system to use my laptop screen as the default
monitor always. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance...

Kevin Kempter       -       Constent State
A PostgreSQL Professional Services Company