On ndiswrapper

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon May 23 14:09:34 UTC 2011

I have been trying to get an ancient Orinoco Silver PCMCIA card
working under ndiswrapper, but I discovered after some "research"
that ndiswrapper did not create *.conf files
matching the ID 0342:0006 of my card (as listed by lshal).
The nearest file provided by ndiswrapper is 0411:0006.F.conf .

Evidently I am not using the correct Windows driver for this card.
However, this is the only driver provided by Proxim (who now own Orinoco).
It works perfectly under Windows XP.

The ndiswrapper documentation points to a driver at a site
which ceased to exist several years ago.

Unfortunately the orinoco_cs driver in the current Linux kernel,
which is supposed to work with this card, causes a kerneloops.

If anyone has a suggestion how to get this card working under Fedora-14
I should be most grateful.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net