Fedora 15 installer needs more than 512MB RAM

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Wed May 25 23:30:49 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: Fedora 15 installer needs more than 512MB RAM
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 03:54:17 +0530

> Unfortunately that's not something likely to be seen by potential
> newbies who are thinking of trying out this Fedora thing

I don't think we need to worry about newbies using the net
installation.  They aren't likely to start with that.  Also the % of
users using Fedora with less than 1 GB of RAM isn't that much according
to Smolt stats.  In addition to that,
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora also has been updated to document
this.  If you have suggestions on where else to advertise,  feel free to
pitch in.

Rahul

Rahul,

First of all I want to thank the whole team for their efforts.  I surely
appreciate not only the quality of work, but also the quality of the
product.  However, I had to laugh a little when I read your note.  I
have some units that are running various versions of Fedora with as
little as 256 megs.  I guess I am part of that small percentage, but
thanks much for a great product!!!

Greg