booting F14 on 2nd drive on a Windows 7 PC

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 26 00:55:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 09:29 -0600, FHDATA wrote:
> After careful assessment, the dual/multi boot (unless i absolutely
> need it) is not worth the hassle. I try full hrdw install.

I came to that conclusion years ago, and all but one computer (here) is
Linux only.  The sole use of Windows on one computer is for backing up
encrypted movie DVDs.  Yes, I mean that, it's not a euphemism.  I've
bought quite a collection, over the years, and some do not last (mostly
it's a crack starting at the hub, that eventually spreads).  Or I'm sick
to death of sitting through minutes of adverts and warnings, along with
mad button pushing, before I can watch the damn movie that I paid for.

I probably could do that on Linux, too.  But I don't want to transcode
the movie, which seems to be how every Linux solution I've seen works.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.