F15 and rpmfusion repos

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:03:48 UTC 2011

2011/5/26 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>

> On Thu, 26 May 2011 03:39:58 -0400, ME wrote:
>
> > To install RPM Fusion STABLE in Fedora 15 Lovelock follow this
> instructions>
> >

> http://xenodesystems.blogspot.com/2011/05/rpmfusion-stable-en-fedora-15-lovelock.html
> >

> Please be careful with blog posts like that.
> If you recommend to
>
>  yum localinstall --nogpgcheck ...
>
> the rpmfusion-release package with a disabled gpgcheck, you don't need to
>
>  sudo rpm --import ...
>
> RPM-GPG keys from an external (!) http location, which is not rpmfusion's.
> If the installed package doesn't contain the correct RPM-GPG key files, it
> is
> not the correct package.
>
> Better use plain
>
>  rpm -ivh http://...
>  rpm -ivh http://...
>
> to install the packages (or both packages at once), which contain the
> RPM-GPG keys. PackageKit and Yum will import these keys when needed. If
> you want to install them manually, tell your readers how to extract the
> keys from the rpm. Also tell users to verify the signature of the package
> once they have installed the right keys, e.g.
>
>  $ wget
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/i386/os/rpmfusion-free-release-15-0.1.noarch.rpm
>  $ rpm -Kv rpmfusion-free-release-15-0.1.noarch.rpm
>  rpmfusion-free-release-15-0.1.noarch.rpm:
>    Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 00a4d52b: OK
>    Header SHA1 digest: OK (76f5e1b747a0c396f6635013e27028330eeee8b1)
>    V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 00a4d52b: OK
>    MD5 digest: OK (ae3cd352f89fcf7d2af85aee376ecaa4)
>
> --

@Michael: The command with the nongpgcheck is the one RPMFusion website
"recommends" by default... The problem here is, Until you import the GPG
keys,
the STABLE branch of RPMFusion will not work with F15 even when the updated
packages for F15 are available in there...

The keys you're importing in my "HowTo" are the official keys I obtained
from
the RPMFusion Website, I just located them in a private CDN to get easier
the
importing job,

By using that method I explain, users can install RPMFusion STABLE in F15
without errors when trying to install apps or updating, Besides, the users
can verify the keys I'm supplying to them.

Other way to "fix this" is to enable RPMFusion Rawhide in your F15 instead
of Stable, but the point of the post is provide the people a way to enable
the stable
as RPM Fusion is kinda having problems right now.

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: E2B4 31CE F2BF 1944 8664  3E22 88C8 DFC9 4D7C 1B35