Why on the Earth GNOME Shell hiding Shutdown & Restart options

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:04:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 15:20, Alan Evans <ame.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> The most obstinate wing has been driving GNOME for a very long time
> now. For a good laugh, just browse the gnome-devel archives.

I agree. I remember six years ago installing a Fedora derivative
(Blag) and finding myself unable to do something as simple as changing
the mouse cursor to a color one (bright red).

http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?p=7569&sid=e7203939b88e37535fc0a0bf040fdc09#7569

The answer from other users was "I gave up".

15 years ago, in IBM OS/2 Warp, changing the mouse cursor was a
drag-and-drop operation, just drag any .ico over the drop area of the
mouse pointer tab in the mouse properties object, and that .ico became
the cursor.

I´m curious if things have improved in Gnome 3, or changing the
cursors is still a pain in the ass.

(Remembering my experiences with Blag, when I jumped over to Fedora 9,
I didn´t bother to try to change the mouse cursors set).

FC
--
"Tools are a way to amplify our senses so that we can expand our reach
in order to expropiate space, compress time, and secure ourselves. A