GTK apps ignore subpixel hinting settings

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:58:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 16:35:28 +0200
Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> I hope there is a way without using gnome-settings daemon,
> it used to work so well in the past and your setup seems rather complicated.

I've been meaning to investigate changing the system
defaults in all the /etc/font* stuff, but my brain starts
to hurt when I look at it :-). (And I'm not sure gtk
would pay attention without the deamon anyway).

Some of the stuff in my web page is a bit old. You can control
things now with gconf settings (or is it dconf these days?) you
couldn't control previously, so not all that complication
is required.