KVM x VirtualBox

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:07:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 13:58,  <fernando at lozano.eti.br> wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> I'm used to not trust proprietary software vendor repos and packages

Virtualbox is Free Software, with a GPL license. "Proprietary software
vendors" also applies to lots of other firms that also sponsor open
source projects. You need to cool down your preconceptions.

In fact, Virtualbox got even more free under Oracle than it was under
Sun... with the full product available under a GPL license and the
propietary (freeware) stuff moved to the extensions package.

While in the past, Virtualbox was available under two licenses, the
full was "freeware" and the OSS version lacked certain features.

It seems to me that you´ve already made your judgement, so use the
repo that you please.

FC