BCM4312

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 30 18:37:32 UTC 2011

30.05.2011, 12:47, "JD" <jd1008 at gmail.com>;:
>  On 05/29/11 20:01, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
>>   30.05.2011, 00:31, "Jim Bennett"<jameswster at gmail.com>;;:
>>>   IS anyone running Fedora 15 on laptop with BCM4312 wireless adapter. I
>>   I have the same model on my Dell laptop. If you look at dmesg it would tell you the URL where you can download the firmware.
>>
>>   I have another question concerning this module. It only supports B/G profiles. Is there a model with the same interface supporting N and having decent support by Linux community? It would be great to replace my BCM4312.
>  Are you looking for a Broadcom card or any card that supports 802.11N?
>  I have a laptop and I recently installed an AR5008 mini-pci card, and it
>  seems to be well supported by the ath9k and ath driver modules,
>  and it supports 802.11N, Draft 2.
>  You can also install an Atheros AR9220/AR9223 card, but be careful which
>  manufacturer and model it is. The only Atheros AR9220 card manufacturer
>  supported by the ath9k driver is the
>  Compex WLM200NX Mini-PCI 9220 0x0029 0x168c 0x2096
>  and this according to
>  http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/devices.
>  But that list is rather old and has not been updated for a long time.

Thanks for your answer. It would be cool to have an AR5008, but it won't fit in my laptop. BCM4312 is a half mini-pci. From what I have seen out there, Intel 1000, Atheros AR5B95 AR9285, Intel 6200, Broadcom BCM94322HM8L 4322, Intel 6250 622ANXHMW, Intel 6300 633ANHMW (the latter two are an expensive couple).

Are these any good? If not, what would you recommend in that size?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet