Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! UPDATE

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon May 30 18:49:49 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 19:31, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 10:44 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> Based on this experience I'm loathe to recommend Fedora 15,
>> and I suspect that even a Fedora 15 DVD install will give the same
>> result.
>
> Going from a specific example to a general rule is called "inductive
> reasoning," and it's generally a Good Thing.  Coming to the conclusion
> that Fedora 15 Just Doesn't Work from a sample of one computer,
> especially as there are tens of thousands (at least) of counter
> examples, simply isn't justified.  I'm sure that there are a large
> number of people on this list ready and willing to help you (and more at
> fedoraforum.org) but you're going to have to cut back on the hysteria
> and give us some details.  HTH, HAND.

And I wish anybody luck trying to upgrade. But having successfully
upgraded Fedora 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 without this big a problem I
think others should be warned. In fact since I started using Fedora core
2, most problems I've been able handle, (except at least one I created
due to stupidity). That's over 8 years, and congratulations to the
Fedora teams that have made that possible, but this time something
appears to have failed in my case. If you consider my response as
hysteria, so be it.

cpp4ever