SUCCESS! Re: SL6 to F16??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 15:43:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:30:24 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> On 31/10/11 17:01, Beartooth wrote:

>> 	How do I remind it to boot to xfce instead of gnome??

>         Try startxfce4 or startxfce ...

	Plain startxfce just got "command not found" -- but startxfce4
hit the jackpot. I'm on the machine, and have copied a couple of my home
folders to it (such as .pan2 in order to post).

	One small snag, new to me: I plugged the external drive onto
which I had copied /home back into the USB port. It shows the various
partitions on that drive, but neither automounts them nor lets me mount
them. What have I done wrong?