SUCCESS! Re: SL6 to F16??

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 1 17:23:20 UTC 2011

On 01/11/11 11:43, Beartooth wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:30:24 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> On 31/10/11 17:01, Beartooth wrote:
>>> 	How do I remind it to boot to xfce instead of gnome??
>>          Try startxfce4 or startxfce ...
> 	Plain startxfce just got "command not found" -- but startxfce4
> hit the jackpot. I'm on the machine, and have copied a couple of my home
> folders to it (such as .pan2 in order to post).

        I'm only up to F-15 but I have observed for some time that with
        a new install or sometimes after a yum update I have to use
        "startxfce4." Then on subsequent boots plain old "startx" works
        until something gets updated, I don't know what or why, never
        bothered trying to find out why since it's such a simple
        workaround.

        Bob