Problem seeing PDF files with firefox

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Nov 1 19:38:33 UTC 2011

Normally if I click on a link in firefox to a PDF file,
I am asked if I want to see it or save it.
But recently this has stopped working;
if I click on such a file now, nothing happens.

Eg, google just brought up the URL
<http://www.ma.rhul.ac.uk/~uvah099/Maths/LinkingCosets4.pdf>,
but when I click on this choice nothing happens -
the screen remains blank.

I have no problem retrieving the file with wget.

Has anyone come across this problem?

I'm running Fedora-15, which I keep updated.
I see that I updated firefox a couple of days ago,
which may be when the problem started:
Oct 30 12:09:50 Updated: firefox-7.0.1-3.fc15.i686

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net