gnomebaker [WAS: Re: question(s) on Brassero (maybe bug)]

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 5 00:32:21 UTC 2011

On 11/4/2011 3:18 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> On 11/4/2011 4:53 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>>
>> I normally use GnomeBreaker to burn CD/DVDs.
>> [...]
>>
>> Mikkel
>> - --
> Mikkel:
>
> Thanks for advice. I am presuming you meant Gnomebaker, not Gnomebreaker?
>
> [...]
>
> Paul

Gnomebaker is not going to work as it barks about too great a directory
depth. The mkisofs command (which appears to be genisoimage in the man
page) it executes has -iso-level 3 and -joliet-long, but regardless of
joliet and/or rockridge settings, that doesn't seem to be enough to get
around the directory depth. It looks like I need ISO 9660:1999 but the
gnomebaker doesn't seem to give me a way to make iso-level = 4.

One interesting thing is I couldn't get any of the edit->preferences to
stick, the window just says close and change isn't saved (was trying the
force depth option).

Oh well, scp to Windows box and using Nero there is the path of least
resistance ... but I at least know more about ISO 9660 ...

If someone can point out that I am missing something obvious, I'd love
to be corrected ...

Thanks,
Paul