Is btrfs ready to be default fs in F17 ?

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue Nov 8 01:26:23 UTC 2011

If you're so eager to use btrfs you can always build the kernel from
source to configure in support for the driver, as well as build the
userspace tools like the formatter from source.

To do so would be very useful to the community, as you would then be a
tester, if you were so kind as to report bugs.  If you found no bugs
at all, well you could report your success as well, and thereby
encourage its adoption by Fedora sooner.

That's quite a different thing from making it the default for
end-users who have no clue what a filesystem is.  I'd like to see
Linux pass "The Mom Test", that is, for my mom to be able to install
and use it without any trouble.  She wouldn't know what a filesystem
was if it bit her.  It was only a month ago that I finally convinced
her to let me teach her what a directory was!

Neither have I *ever* been able to convince my mother to let me teach
her how to back up her own documents.  If she's going to use a new
filesystem, it better be mature.

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Dulcinea Technologies Corporation