How to run preupgrade?

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 13:52:43 UTC 2011

    Lamar> On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 06:57:54 AM Colin Paul Adams wrote:
    >> I have F14 installed on my Macbook Air, and I want to upgrade to
    >> F16.

    >> Everything appeared to go well. At the end I pressed the button
    >> to re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as
    >> normal. How do I actually perform the upgrade from this point?

    Lamar> The preupgrade setup actually writes another boot entry to
    Lamar> grub, and it may be confused by the way the booting is on you
    Lamar> MacBook Air.

    Lamar> During boot, break out to the grub menu and see if the
    Lamar> preupgrade entry (I forget right off the top of my hat what
    Lamar> it's called) shows up; look in /boot/grub/menu.lst (or
    Lamar> /boot/grub/grub.conf) and see if it's there.

I've not tried re-booting  again yet (I have to look up to find out how
to break out to the grub menu), but just looking, I can see that it is
the first entry in grub.conf, but NOT in menu.lst.

I do see the keyword "hiddenmenu" in both. I'll try removing that to see
if it helps.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire