How to run preupgrade?

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:05:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:57, Colin Paul Adams <colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Everything appeared to go well. At the end I pressed the button to
> re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as normal. How
> do I actually perform the upgrade from this point?

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F16_bugs#Upgrade_from_Fedora_14_to_Fedora_16_with_preupgrade_leaves_bootloader_in_previous_configuration>

I was hit by this too. You can find the anaconda log file in /root/.
If you look at the error you can see why it fails. If it is a grubby
error then you got hit by the above bug.

The solution is to hand edit and correct grub.conf.

--
Suvayu