samba changes?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 16 12:49:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 06:13 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I've copied my smb.conf file from release to release for
> years now, but with fedora 16 my windows 7 box is
> now telling me I don't have permission to delete files
> from a directory where I always had permission
> previously. I had it setup for full guest r/w access
> and the guest user being me, but that doesn't seem
> to work anymore. Anyone know offhand how to fix this
> before I start on the inevitable 6 week research
> project to parse the documents and out of date
> pages google finds on the web? :-).
----
guess that you are using 'security = share' - that has been targeted for
removal if not already removed.

No reason to waste your time doing google searches for out of date
configuration notions when the official samba documentation is thorough.

http://www.samba.org (see 'learn')

Craig

believed to be clean.