[SOLVED] Re: firefox taking foreground

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 16 19:03:13 UTC 2011

On 11/16/2011 06:24 PM, goodwin wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 09:04 AM, g wrote:
<>

> your text emoticon 8-D does not provide a graphic

your problem, not mine. nor my fault.

besides, most 'text/plain' users know what 8-D is and do not need
a graphic. ;-)

>> "sorry is as sorry does".
>>
> heh
---

lol.

>> if you would count again, look at numbers as *values*, you will count 4.
>>
> you numbered the items - inconsistent  -5 pts.
---

wrong. i did not number any of the items. +10 for me.

you are confusing *counting* for *values setting*. -20 for you.

> unchecking the box is easier for most but I really wanted to tell that
> that was what you were referring to - you kinda went around the long way
> with your explanation.
---

when searching, comparing, or changing setting, it is easier to do so
from about:config, than chasing tail thru a bunch of menus.

especially when one shows values and description for settings.

anyway, if you will note "Subject:".

as it turned out, by setting afore mentioned *about:config* settings
to "t/t/3/3", desired result "took", "came about", by starting firefox
in "safe-mode", then restarting in "normal" mode.

why this was necessary, i can not say.

nor can i say just why i get same desired operation with my afore mentioned
*about:config* settings as "f/f/2/3".

main thing is we both have firefox taking link from thunderbird and
remaining in 'background'.

so, thank again to 'sailfish' for your suggestion. much appreciated.

thank you 'goodwin' for your .... much enjoyed. 8-D

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**