Speeding up boot (was: Fedora - time to blink)

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 23 21:47:15 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 01:13 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> The author of systemd explained a lot of this in detail here:
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/blame-game.html

Yes, but he still assumes a fair amount of knowledge from the reader.
As an example, he shows how to mask a service in /etc/systemd/system,
but leaves out an explanation of how this works.  As an example, on my
laptop I found that nfs-secure.service took between five and six seconds
to load, although I never use it.  Checking, there's no reference to
that file in /etc/systemd/system, leaving me to wonder just how this
masking works.  Does anybody here know?