Can't install nvidia drivers on Laptop

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:24:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> You refer to kmod's and akmod version drivers. Have you tried building
> your own from the bin file?
>
> Add rdblacklist=nouveau to the kernel line in your grub conf file

I quickly searched the thread and I didn't see what version of Fedora
he's using. This makes a difference. You used to only need
rdblacklist... but in F15 you also needed to set nomodeset or
something like that since nouveau added modesetting and now in F16 I
think rdblacklist is depreciated but supposedly still works, I'm not
sure when that will change (3.2 kernel?)

Richard