Fedora 15 as WLAN-AP

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 26 16:25:16 UTC 2011

hi

does anybody know what hardware and configuraion-steps are needed to get
a fedora-pc working as WLAN access-point with WPA/WPA2

google shows me a lot of half-baken instructions which seems to be
mostly outdated for 2.6.41 / 3.0.x or missing wpa/ssid completly
since i think a bridge-script is not enough to specify SSID/WPA-key

and what cards are currently out-of-the-box supported and if they
call support ap-mode is also not clear for me this time

this two cards are available at my local hardware-dealer but how
to find out if supported before buy and as said how to configure
on fedora?

http://www.ditech.at/artikel/WDNK7/Wireless_PCI_Adapter_Rangebooster_D-LINK_DWA-547.html
http://www.ditech.at/artikel/WSNK12/Wireless_PCI_Adapter_LINKSYS_WMP600N_300_MBit_Dual_Band.html