Fedora - time to blink

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 19:22:57 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 12:45 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> It has a licensing issue?  I thought it was included because the original was the one that had the issue?  or did you make a mistake here?

Yep.  Just a typo

> Slackware is a major distribution.  It includes original cdrtools :)
>
> http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
>
> Slackware
>
> Slackware ships the original cdrtools and does not even ship the broken fork.
>
> I also use it and it comes with the original, there's a slackbuild from Patrick V..  So others like source based distros also have it.  Nobody has sued them.

Now you are just debating for the sake of it.  Red Hat,  Debian,
Canonical, openSUSE,  Fedora,  FSF and several other have come to the
same conclusion about the legal issues concerning mixing of GPL and
CDDL'ed code.  Now that you already recognize this since we have
discussed the very same issue several times before, it is time to drop
it and move on.

Rahul