Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Thu Oct 6 08:26:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I downloaded the latest Firefox, and the latest Java as well. But now FF
     crashes when trying to start Java Plugin. My internet banking logon
application is a good example, but it also crashes when trying to check
if Java is correctly installed form the Java homepage (Oracle).
I Tried to go back to my previous Firefox (FF 3), but to no avail.
Has any of you encountered this problem, and managed to find a fix?
So far I am unsuccessful. I have browsed the net and found many
references to this problem, but no clue to a fix. So I hope some of you
guys may have something.

Regards
PA