TFTP stopped working on F14

Soham Chakraborty sohamwonderpiku4u at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 10:48:35 UTC 2011

Go to the directory /etc/xinetd.d
There all the services controlled by xinted reside. If tftp is being
controlled by xinetd, then you will find a configuration file specific to
it. As Frantisek said, disable=NO should be there if it is xinetd
controlled. If not, then disable=YES

In other words, try to check netstat while you put xinetd or tftp on the
side of grep. In my experience, I have seen that due to another service
listening on the same port, the legit ftp service is not running.

Since we are not getting the logs, it is kinda hard to guess. From the
strace, it can't be guessed what is going on. But if the line you mentioned
is the only line in strace, then probably something is going very awry. That
line is the first line of output that always comes if you attach strace to a
running process. Was the right hand value of the line a zero or something
else?

Also, I am guessing this problem only appears during transfer of file. If
you do a service check on tftp, what appears? Can you toggle the status of
the service and try? Also, toggle the tftp status keeping xinetd on and off
and find whether that makes any difference?

- Soham