F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:35:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Upgrading a distribution is a fairly complex process to say the least.
>
> So, by virtue of that statement itself, non-techies and
> newbs most certainly need such an expertly written script(s).

Scripts are usually meant to deal with corner cases, not as full blown
solution for the most general case. An application/utility written in
a high level programming language is more appropriate in that case.

In any case, I don't see what your gripe is. Do you think preupgrade
is the wrong way to solve the problem and would like an alternative,
or am I missing something here?

--
Suvayu