F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Oct 10 20:01:44 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 11:43 AM, JD wrote:
> Preupgrade is not a single operation solution. The
> user is expected to know several complex operations
> and execute them in right order.

Unless my memory's wrong, there are three steps: run preupgrade,
selecting the appropriate Fedora version.  Reboot into the preupgrade.
Reboot into your new version.  Of course, that second step sometimes
takes a bit of paying attention, but that's how it's designed to work
and it's always done so for me on both my desktop and laptop.