Need KVM switch

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 17:40:40 UTC 2011

On Sat September 17 2011, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 09:05:26PM -0400, John Aldrich wrote:
> > Any suggestions for a USB KVM that *works*???
>
> I've had good luck with a Raritan SwitchMan USB COMBO 4-port unit.
> Works between Windows, Linux, and a whole mort of other systems I've
> had to work on, since I use ports 3 & 4 as "guest" ports for machines
> I'm rebuilding, diagnosing, etc.
>
> The only thing I've had happen that's "wonky" is, in a very great while,
> it will sometimes 'freeze' on one port and require me to just
> unplug/plug everything back in.  It's uncommon enough an occurrance
> that I'm happy with the unit.

Thanks for the advice. I found a nice unit that would do what I absolutely
need, and would even work with my nifty new wireless keyboard and mouse,
BUT it would require me to manually hit a button on the KVM to change
ports... not something I'm interested in doing. Right now, I guess I can
live with my old Belkin for awhile until the new Unifying receivers become
more popular and KVMs support them better.