F16: ssh-add: Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Apr 7 15:28:05 UTC 2012

On 04/07/2012 11:10 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>> It means /usr/bin/ssh-agent isn't running.
> But why did it suddenly stop?

Are you sure it even started?   (See below....)

>> > How are you logging in?
> The usual way: type password in lxdm. Is this what you were asking?

I asked because it has been a long time and I've forgotten what process gets it
going.  I know that it won't get started by logging in via ssh.  I know that when
using kde it gets started somewhere along the line in the startkde process.  Don't
know what kicks it off in other desktops.

So....  Does it get started again when you logout/login?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage