Very happy with F17 Beta RC3 but no chkfontpath, needed to install MSFT webfonts...

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:09:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 15:36, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> Personal attacks are unwarranted.

In mailing lists and in life, I am blunt. Some like it, some do not.
Do as you see fit.

I don´t consider "congratulations, list police!" a personal attack,
but rather a reflection on how over-enforcing mailing list "rules"
makes newcomers less inclined to participate, perhaps if I had used
sarcasm you´d have perceived less "offensive"?. I´m asking a honest
question.

Also I found the attitude of self-appointed "guardians of the list
code" like you a bit puzzling. I didn´t resort to name calling or
insulting anyone.

I´d suggest you take some herbal relaxing tea and re-read my ast two
threads so you,and the rest of the Jury, can conclude if I asked a
honest question about F17 beta without knowing the existance of the
testers list in the first place, and then submited a howto for the
benefit of everyone that will be moving to F17 soon, or if I came here
as a troublemaker.

If the general concensus is that my behaviour is despicable and I
should be submitted to death by stonning by an angry mob of list
police, so be it. :-)

I think I´m acting in good faith. And by the way, the paragraph above
is sarcasm, not to be taken literally but with a big GRIN and smiley
emoticon.

Like I said, I will try to keep low and limit further questions if the
list is so solemn and reactive towards criticism..

Sincerelly,
FC
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell