How to copy text selected by gpm from a tty to some gnome-session?

stan gryt2 at q.com
Thu Apr 12 14:30:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:52:16 +0200
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> a little question: I copy some text on a tty console by gpm, and I
> want to paste this text into some gnome/kde session. How to do this
> without using some file?

If I understand your question, I've never been able to get this to work.
I think the context for gpm is erased or reset when switching from
consoles to X and vice versa.  I haven't actually researched what
actually happens, so there could be an answer to your question, and I
look forward to hearing it if there is.