Linux or GNU/Linux

Shibi zzgraph at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:13:40 UTC 2012

I must confess that I really am much less informed than you about the
matter, I didn't know about "Mere aggregation of another independent
work with the Program" and I was just speaking about what I heard and
read about "delisenced kernel headers" in android.
> Free software is a good thirty years older than the FSF.
maybe I am wrong,
as I said before I'm not trying to convince people to use a exact
word, and I don't even use it myself usually. butt i try to say that
there may be a justification for that term. Maybe the restricted terms
of usage, redistribution and being open in gpl play a little part in
what linux is. maybe some codes that contributed back to the community
is owed to sticking with gpl. (I  maybe some of advancements in linux
depends on GNU software.
or as you can say it was just a *happening* that even if it didn't
happened to linux the kernel had this popularity or even better.
(happening was not your exact word)
As a very unexperienced user of free software and fond of freedom,
unfortunately I disagree with you, there might be free software before
all these happenings in recent 20 years, but a legal document as
popular as gpl that strictly conveys freedom and prevent other parties
to abuse the freedom of sharing basic knowledge and codes and
experiences, and doesn't exist before gpl. and i think the name worth
to mention.
but maybe i'm wrong. maybe linux could be this popular if gpl didn't
happen to it, FreeBSD and OpenSSH is living, why not linux.

--
Shahab Shahsavari Alavidjeh
شهاب شهسواری علویجه

Twitter: http://twitter.com/zzgraph