Linux or GNU/Linux

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Aug 4 20:43:52 UTC 2012

> work with the Program" and I was just speaking about what I heard and
> read about "delisenced kernel headers" in android.

Which is rubbish - beware of junk spouted by PR people involved in
lawsuits. The are paid to dissemble, deceived and damage.

> unfortunately I disagree with you, there might be free software before
> all these happenings in recent 20 years, but a legal document as
> popular as gpl that strictly conveys freedom and prevent other parties
> to abuse the freedom of sharing basic knowledge and codes and
> experiences, and doesn't exist before gpl. and i think the name worth
> to mention.

The GPL is very very important I agree - as you say it conveys and
defines many of the ideas, and describes the freedoms precisely. It's
also the beginning of the recognition that we need licences which block
content becoming non-free again, and from which all sorts of things such
as the Creative Commons spring.

In some ways to me that seems more important than the software bits.

Alan