vmlinuz

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Mon Aug 6 08:08:39 UTC 2012

On 06.08.2012 07:37, Richard Vickery wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> Had a question about a boot image from Dave. I don't know if it is vmlinuz,
> but there is a image file missing that prevents him from booting up. Is it
> possible to use an image from another user, or does he need to re-install
> it?

The recommended way of installing software in Fedora is to use RPM
package. So first try to install a kernel package that contains kernel
image and other needed files. There are also some installation scripts
that are processed by yum/rpm, in case of kernel package they upgrade
grub configuration.

You can always just cp/mv some files that are binary compatible but you
must do all the work yourself.

Mateusz Marzantowicz