Router logging -

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sat Aug 11 15:24:51 UTC 2012

On 08/11/2012 09:49 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>    I'm looking for a Linux application for logging the output from a
>    Cisco/Linksys WRT54GL/tomato ver. 1.28 router. I've been googling
>    and everything I've found seems for Windows [Surprise!].
>
>    I need a detailed log, preferably one that will tell me which
>    computer on my LAN is going where so I can deal with high usage
>    problems. This is for Fedora 17/64 bit.
>
>    What do I need?
>
>    Bob
>
>    --    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
>
>    box9

Does the router support rsyslog? My D-Link router has an option to use
rsyslog for logging. I use that to send the logs to one of my Linux
boxes on which I enabled remote logs for the router's IP address.

This website indicates it is possible to configure the router:
http://adminscoffe.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/rsyslog-captures-wrt54gl-tomatos-logs/

--
-- Steve